Ice house worker creates ruckus in court

first_img…after being remanded on attempted murder chargeA 21-year-old man who reportedly dealt a friend a blow to his head with a piece of wood created a ruckus at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts after he was remanded to prison pending trial.Akeem Lammy in tears as he entered the Police lock-ups at the Georgetown Magistrates’ CourtsAkeem Lammy was remanded to prison by Chief Magistrate Ann McLennan. However, as he was being escorted out of the courtroom, he started punching and kicking the Policeman who was accompanying him. Other officers had to intervene and it took five ranks to restrain the man.He began shouting and begging several Police Officers who were restraining him to take his life.He then began to scream, “I fed up of living on the streets; I want to die, ya’ll kill me.” His sister who was in court ran to his assistance, barricading him from several Policemen who had run to the assistance of the officer that was assaulted.The Chief Magistrate, who was still on the bench at this time, adjourned court and retreated to her chambers.Following much struggle, Lammy was taken into the chute leading to the court lockups.It was pandemonium when the man emerged from the chute as he attempted again to fight several officers who were attempting to escort him.His family members, who were looking on as the scene unfolded, were also heard shouting and attempted to force their way into the lock-ups.Lammy, of Diamond, East Bank Demerara (EBD), was charged with wounding Johnny Ramdeen with intent to murder him on June 10 at Werk-en-Rust, Georgetown.The Court heard that on the day of the incident, the two men were having an argument when Lammy picked up a piece of wood and dealt Ramdeen a blow to his head which caused him to collapse.He was picked up and rushed to the Georgetown Public Hospital, where he was currently hospitalised in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) nursing a fractured skull. He will make his second court appearance on June 25, 2018.last_img read more