Ambrose bounced as WI bowling coach

first_imgST JOHN’S, Antigua (CMC):Bowling legend Sir Curtly Ambrose says he is shocked by his sacking as West Indies bowling consultant and also claimed he was blindsighted by the decision.The 52-year-old, who has served in the role for the past three years, said he had only been informed of the decision by head coach Phil Simmons less than a week ago and also pointed out that he had already planned his schedule around next month’s Tri-Nations Series and the four-Test India series starting in July.”I only learnt about it from head coach Phil Simmons on Wednesday (last week), and when he told me, I said to him that I am very disappointed because I never expected it and I never saw it coming because he never gave me any indication he was going to let me go,” Sir Curtly told the Observer newspaper here.”So it came as a bit of a shock, basically, but I haven’t decided which direction I am going to take just yet. I’ll just pause and give it a little time to think about it and decide where I want to go after.”Last Friday, the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) announced that the Antiguan would be replaced by former Barbados and West Indies A fast bowler, Roddy Estwick, who was recently bowling coach for Barbados Pride in the Regional four-day championship.MORE TECHNICALThe move came just three weeks prior to the start of the June 3-26 Tri-Nations Series involving Australia and South Africa and just over a month after Sir Curtly helped guide West Indies to their second capture of the Twenty20 World Cup in India.Sir Curtly said he had been told by Simmons that he required a bowling consultant who was “more technical”, hence the decision to go with Barbadian Estwick.”I spoke to head coach Phil Simmons and he told me that he wanted someone who is more technical to work with the fast bowlers,” Sir Curtly explained.”So, I said to him ‘Well, ‘if you knew I was doing a poor job then you should have told me’, He said no, I did a fantastic job because I brought a high level of discipline to the team and I have motivated the guys quite a bit.”He added: “I did wish him all the best and asked him to continue with the team and that we can get some positive results because I am not going to hold him in malice or hold it against him. It’s just disappointing.”last_img read more

Neymar ‘plots stunning return to Barcelona’ as he’s unhappy at PSG

first_img MONEY Which teams do the best on Boxing Day in the Premier League era? huge blow Oxlade-Chamberlain suffers another setback as Klopp confirms serious injury Latest transfer news Neymar spent four years with Barcelona, winning eight trophies along the way shining REPLY 2 REVEALED 2 It is believed Kylian Mbappe’s incredible rise has led to Neymar growing unsettled at the Parc des Princes, and he is prepared to end his time at PSG with a return to Camp Nou.Barca’s La Liga rivals Real Madrid have also been linked with the Brazil international, who has 59 goals in 93 games for his country. Forbes list reveals how much Mayweather, Ronaldo and Messi earned this decade no dice Los Blancos were reported to have made a huge bid for Neymar over the summer, but they came out with a statement that denied such suggestions.Neymar has started this season in fine form, scoring 11 goals and assisting a further four in just 11 appearances. Where Ancelotti ranks with every Premier League boss for trophies won Son ban confirmed as Tottenham fail with appeal to overturn red card Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade Neymar’s transfer to PSG was completed at the beginning of August 2017 REVEALED Neymar has been sounding out Barcelona over a shock return to Camp Nou, according to reports.The Brazil forward joined Barca in 2013 and went on to score 105 goals for the Catalans before he left for PSG in a world-record deal last summer. He’s netted 39 times in just 41 games for the French giants, winning the treble in his debut season and being named Ligue 1 Player of the Year for 2017/18.However, Mundo Deportivo have made a stunning claim that Neymar is unhappy in Paris and is putting feelers out over a potential move back to Barcelona. RANKED BEST OF Premier League Team of the Season so far, including Liverpool and Leicester stars Berahino hits back at b******t Johnson criticism – ‘I was in a dark place at Stoke’ ADVICE Every time Ally McCoist lost it on air in 2019, including funny XI reactions Ronaldo warned Lukaku how hard scoring goals in Serie A would be before Inter move last_img read more