Loading… The Reds have dropped only two points this season and re-established their 13-point lead over second-placed Leicester on Sunday. Sergio Aguero does not believe it will be possible for Manchester City to catch Liverpool at the top of the Premier League.Advertisement Promoted ContentTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All TimeThe Funniest Prankster Grandma And Her GrandsonBest Car Manufacturers In The World10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoThese Guys Are Turning 50 This Year. Feeling Old Yet?What Happens To Your Brain When You Play Too Much Video Games?8 Things You Didn’t Know About CoffeeTop 10 Historical Mysteries That Still Haven’t Been SolvedCan Playing Too Many Video Games Hurt Your Body?The Models Of Paintings Whom The Artists Were Madly In Love WithRidiculously Expensive Things The Rock Spends His Money On12 Flicks That Almost Ended Their Stars’ Careers City are a point further back despite their 2-0 victory over Sheffield United at the Etihad Stadium.Pep Guardiola’s side have won the title in each of the last two seasons but Aguero does not think they will make it three in a row.“Now, Liverpool is too hard. We have to focus just on winning because we need to play Champions League next season,” the striker, who scored his 10th league goal of the campaign on Sunday, said. “We have to play the same way and see what happens.”Guardiola echoed the thoughts of the Argentinian in his own post-match comments, insisting that City should turn their focus to 2020/21.The Catalan has previously dismissed rumours that he could walk away from Manchester at the end of the season, having never completed more than four seasons in charge of the same club.“No. It’s unrealistic to think about that [catching Liverpool],” he said.“A team which has the numbers of Liverpool, why should we think about that? It’s just preparing, play good and better to be as close to the top of the league as we can, prepare for the knockout competitions and for the next season.Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero admits defeat in Premier League title #SUFC #twitterblades #FNH https://t.co/zqyJraMxvY— Blades News Hound (@BladesFNH) December 30, 2019Read Also: EPL: Aguero, De Bruyne net as Man City see off Sheffield United“Every game helps us to improve for next season. Hopefully we can do better.“The motivation is to improve because when we improve we win games and that is the way to live better. That is the best motivation for all of us. Even in the past.“Now we recover for three days, thank you for three days to recover, and prepare for the next game against Everton. That is what you have to do.”FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享
An increase in air strikes and shelling in and around Tripoli in Libya has caused the deaths of at least 11 civilians since early December and shut down health facilities and schools, according to the United Nations mission in Libya. REUTERS Forces alliedwith the GNA described Saturday’s attack on the military camp at Al-Hadhba as“an aerial bombing” launched by their eastern rivals. An LNA spokesman deniedinvolvement. GNA HealthMinister Hamid bin Omar told Reuters that the number of dead and wounded wasstill rising. Tripoli, whichis under the control of the internationally recognized Government of NationalAccord (GNA), is facing an offensive by military commander Khalifa Haftar’sLibyan National Army (LNA) that began in April. TRIPOLI – Atleast 28 people were killed in an attack on a military academy in the Libyancapital on Saturday, the health minister said. An increase inair strikes and shelling in and around Tripoli has caused the deaths of atleast 11 civilians since early December and shut down health facilities andschools, the United Nations mission in Libya said on Friday.(Reuters)
The Reds certainly made a good decision when they signed pitcher, Iglesias, to a 3-year contract. There was a lot of talk during the past season concerning trading Iglesias for some starting pitching. I think if you check the Reds’ past season, the starting pitching would not do the Reds a lot of good if they didn’t have Raisel there to finish the game. When you have a great reliever, you do everything to keep them.Iglesias makes a lot of sense for several reasons. The biggest reason is his ability to throw more than one pitch in a relief role. Too many young relief pitchers just want to throw the ball past a hitter. Iglesias has very deceptive breaking balls that he can throw along with his upper 90’s fast balls. Another reason is that he is very young. His only drawback that I can see is that he has had some arm and shoulder problems that have cropped up in the past couple of seasons. Nonetheless, the Reds are indicating that they want to win NOW!
Loading… Philippe Coutinho looks certain to leave Barcelona this summer and his preference is to join Premier League side Chelsea.Advertisement Read Also: Premier League: Two Chelsea stars pen new dealsBarcelona are said to be keen on selling the former Liverpool star this year to raise vital funds, while the player is said to have little interest in returning to Inter or joining Paris Saint-Germain and instead is keen on a move to England.The Brazilian scored 21 goals in 76 outings for Barcelona after moving in a club record €160m fee from Liverpool in January 2018 but consistently flattered to deceive.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks10 Actors That Started Their Careers On Soaps12 Movies That Almost Ended Their Stars’ Careers7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The UniverseYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of AnimeWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?The Models Of Paintings Whom The Artists Were Madly In Love With6 Incredibly Strange Facts About Hurricanes7 Of The Wealthiest Universities In The World7 Reasons Why You Might Want To Become A VegetarianGorgeous Staircases That Will Take Your Breath Away That is according to a report in El Mundo Deportivo, who say the Blues are one of three English clubs to contact the former Liverpool playmaker’s agent Kia Joorabchian along with Manchester United and Leicester, while Newcastle also have an ‘unofficial’ interest.Bayern Munich – where Coutinho is on a season-long loan arrangement from Barcelona – have an option to buy the Brazil international for €120m at the end of the campaign but multiple reports suggest this will not be exercised.
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho believes Arsenal are ready to challenge for the Barclays Premier League crown this season. Press Association Arsene Wenger has delivered three Premier League titles since replacing Bruce Rioch as manager in 1996, but the Gunners have finished no higher than third in each of the last 10 seasons as the Frenchman often shunned big-money signings in favour of developing young talent. Arsenal finished 13 points behind Chelsea last season as the Blues won the Premier League at a canter, but Mourinho believes the arrival in recent years of the likes of Mesut Ozil, Alexis Sanchez, Calum Chambers and Mathieu Debuchy for more than £100million means the Gunners are ready to challenge for league honours. “If you add up the amounts clubs have spent in the last three or four years I think maybe you will find a surprise,” Mourinho, who allowed goalkeeper Petr Cech to join Arsenal in an £11million deal last month, said in the Guardian. “If you put Ozil plus Alexis Sanchez, plus Chambers, plus Debuchy, you will find a surprise. “It’s a fantastic squad with good players, fantastic goalkeeper, they are more than ready to be a title contenders.” Speaking on Chelsea’s pre-season tour of America, Mourinho also claimed that Eden Hazard had a better season last time out than Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo. Hazard won individual and team honours at the end of a stellar campaign – most notably the Premier League title and the PFA Player of the Year. And, according to his manager, his performance level was higher than that of Ballon D’or winner Ronaldo. In a number of national newspapers, he said: “Eden is coming with a big status now and was voted in the top 10 players in Europe last year. In my opinion he should be in the top three, not the top 10. I think he’s the best player in our country. He’s alongside Messi and Ronaldo, depending on the season they have. “But they have to win some titles, no? Football without titles is nothing. Last season Eden was above Ronaldo, in spite of the fact that Ronaldo was fantastic and scored an incredible number of goals. “I don’t like players of managers to win individual trophies without the team. In my personal view, every football player in the world has to put the team first, but he has no titles.” Chelsea begin their title defence at home against Swansea on the opening day of the new Premier League season on Saturday, August 8.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Stephen A. Marcus ordered Tuesday a delay of the trials of the two men charged in last year’s killings of two USC graduate students, media reported.Bryan Barnes, 20, and Javier Bolden, 19, have been charged with first-degree murder in connection with the fatal shooting and robbery of Chinese graduate engineering students Ming Qu and Ying Wu on April 11, 2012.Qu and Wu, both 23 years old, were killed in a car in an off-campus shooting west of the University Park Campus near the intersection of 27th Street and Raymond Avenue.A wrongful death lawsuit was filed against the university in May by Qu’s and Wu’s parents seeking unspecified damages, claiming that the university misled people about the safety of the area surrounding the University Park Campus. However, Superior Court Judge Michael Johnson dismissed the case in February, citing insufficient legal arguments.Barnes and Bolden were charged last May in connection with the case. Both pled not guilty at their arraignment in July.
Freshman forward Onyeka Okongwu was beat out by Arizona’s freshman forward Zeke Nnaji for the Pac-12 Freshman of the Year. (James Wolfe | Daily Trojan) The biggest question for USC, as it has been for the regular season, will be regarding its consistency on both ends of the floor. Players like Mathews and redshirt senior guard Daniel Utomi must continue to hit shots when it matters most, and the Trojans will need to improve their abysmal 41.7% free-throw percentage from the win over the Bruins, as there is a good chance the game will be closely contested in the final minutes. Like all conference tournaments, the Pac-12 Tournament is being played at a neutral site — but that has not normally stopped USC, Arizona and other basketball fans from traveling across the country for the action, until now. Meanwhile, the Trojans are coming off a wildly competitive win at Galen Center over crosstown rival UCLA capped off by a game-winning 3-pointer from senior guard Jonah Mathews. The Santa Monica native became USC’s all-time leader in 3-point field goals that afternoon as well. USC will also need to rely on its leading scorer, shot-blocker and rebounder per game in Okongwu if it wants to strengthen its case for a higher seed in March Madness. Okongwu, who is averaging 16.2 points, 8.6 rebounds and 2.7 blocks per game, has been USC’s anchor on offense and defense and is expected to play a huge role against the Wildcats on both ends of the floor. Despite Enfield’s prior struggles in February and postseason play, USC has won at least one game in the past five Pac-12 Tournaments and will look to increase that number against Arizona. USC beat Arizona in last year’s tournament, but the Trojans’ win over the Wildcats was led by forward Bennie Boatwright and guard Derryck Thornton, neither of whom remain on USC’s roster. The USC men’s basketball team will take on Arizona in Las Vegas Thursday in the Pac-12 Tournament quarterfinal. The Trojans, who earned a first-round bye, will battle the Wildcats after they beat Washington 77-70 Wednesday. “We’re excited to advance and have a chance to play USC,” Arizona head coach Sean Miller said. “They’re a very good team.” Regardless, the matchup between two All-Pac-12 First Team freshmen forwards Onyeka Okongwu for USC and Zeke Nnaji for Arizona will be watched closely, especially as Nnaji was named Pac-12 Freshman of the Year over Okongwu Monday. USC will tip off against Arizona Thursday at 2:30 p.m. at T-Mobile Arena. The winner will go on to face the winner of No. 1-seeded Oregon and No. 8 Oregon State in a Friday semifinal matchup at 6 p.m. Nnaji recorded 11 points and nine rebounds against the Huskies Wednesday, but the Wildcats’ efforts were led by freshman guard Josh Green, who dropped 19 points on 50% shooting from the field. The performance helped Arizona set the stage for a rematch with USC after the two teams split the season series 1-1. “We were 15-2 at home this year and we were 8-1 in the league,” head coach Andy Enfield said per the Los Angeles Times. “I think if you look around the country, the home court means a huge advantage … There won’t be any advantage for any team. So the schools that usually draw a lot of fans … it will be a big difference.” Thursday’s game will be played in a desolate, fan-less T-Mobile Arena. The NCAA announced Wednesday that March Madness will be closed to the public in response to the coronavirus pandemic, and the Pac-12 followed suit hours later.
Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error • Photo Gallery• Vin Scully Avenue is now a city street• LA Dodgers remember their first baseball gloves• How a reporter returned borrowed glove to childhood friend’s children• Kenta Maeda’s confidence high on eve of home opener Live updates of Dodgers’ home opener from SCNG staff at Dodgers Stadium, including reporters J.P. Hoornstra and Bill Plunkett, columnist Vincent Bonsignore and photographers Keith Birmingham, John McCoy and David Crane.Having trouble viewing stream on mobile device? Click here.Dodgers vs Diamondbacks• Live box score For more Dodgers stories, click here.
Women’s World Cup 2019: Megan Rapinoe keeps pay-gap conversation going on ‘GMA’ Rapinoe hopped on the float with a drink in hand, while Kelley O’hara was ready to celebrate with other members of the national team: GONNA BE LIT 🔥 pic.twitter.com/AvN1ORI7uX— U.S. Soccer WNT (@USWNT) July 10, 2019NYC it’s parade time let’s do this! Bonus points to anyone who brings me a beer or 4 🍻 let’s partyyyy— Kelley O’Hara (@kelleymohara) July 10, 2019Victory Parade! US Women’s Soccer Team takes over NYC for their parade. #USWNTParade #soccer #WorldCupChamps pic.twitter.com/P4lf9Iomad— Anthony Leong (@anthonyleong83) July 10, 2019 Five key quotes from USWNT star Megan Rapinoe’s CNN appearance after World Cup win The parade began at 9:30 a.m. ET, with a ceremony at City Hall in NYC at 10:30 a.m.Ready for ya, America. 🇺🇸🏆 pic.twitter.com/R3wMXl8xdz— U.S. Soccer WNT (@USWNT) July 10, 2019Here’s a look at highlights from the big celebration: Related News After the U.S. women’s national team earned a historic fourth Women’s World Cup title, fans from all across the nation celebrated the victory with a parade in New York City on Wednesday. The U.S. secured the title with a 2-0 win over the Netherlands on Sunday in Lyon, France, as Megan Rapinoe and Rose Lavelle scored the last two goals of the tournament. Sunday’s win gave the U.S. back-to-back wins, and a fourth championship — which is two more than the next closest nation. U.S. Senator: No equal pay for USWNT, no federal money for 2026 World Cup @CarliLloyd @TobinHeath young girls lining the streets to celebrate you and #girlpower #USWNTParade #uswnt @USWNT pic.twitter.com/mQfJInIPsG— T Hahn (@thahn44) July 10, 2019Breakfast of champions ☕️ @USWNT @alexmorgan13 #USWNTParade pic.twitter.com/owkLujkioz— Volkswagen USA (@VW) July 10, 2019Barack Obama sent his congratulations to the team, and thanked the players “for being such a strong inspiration for women and girls.”Proud to rep America’s best team! Congrats @USWNT and thanks for being such a strong inspiration for women and girls—and everybody—all across the country. pic.twitter.com/9Gp6UTZhEE— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) July 10, 2019Equal pay conversations continued: Mayor De Blasio slash Presidential Candidate De Blasio also proposing equal pay opportunities for athletes just before Parade kicks off #USWNT @CBSNewYork pic.twitter.com/1ksLefenpB— Natalie Duddridge (@CityNatalie) July 10, 2019Governor Cuomo appears on a float with members of the U.S. Women’s National Team during their victory parade in lower Manhattan https://t.co/wX34Fj1ZMi pic.twitter.com/m0RQda2vfU— CBS News (@CBSNews) July 10, 2019“Equal pay, that’s the tea” pic.twitter.com/lNiBzEQCVs— Danielle Allentuck (@d_allentuck) July 10, 2019″Parades are cool. Equal pay is cooler” #USWNTParade https://t.co/XqF9U8zvDT pic.twitter.com/R9pJ21WcWP— Planet Fútbol (@si_soccer) July 10, 2019#BREAKING : I just signed new pay equity legislation at the #USWNTParade .The women’s soccer team plays the same game that the men’s soccer players play — only better. If anything, the men should get paid less.Thank you @USWNT for helping lead this movement for change! pic.twitter.com/qHy2aYs2Tl— Andrew Cuomo (@NYGovCuomo) July 10, 2019This parade is evidence of how much the #USWNT inspire everyone. We’re near the end of the route, and we’ve seen little boys in full Carli Lloyd and Alex Morgan kits. Boys no older than 12 are screaming the “equal pay” chant. This team is truly America’s team. #USWNTParade— AO Hartford (@AOHartford) July 10, 2019Crowd chanting Equal Pay at the #USWNTParade #USWNT #WoSo pic.twitter.com/xfIv87lYk3— Mike Coleman (@mikegcoleman) July 10, 2019The crowd chants “equal pay” as the US women’s soccer team celebrates their World Cup victory at the ticker tape #USWNTParade in New York City pic.twitter.com/Lf1jzHSIb0— CNN Politics (@CNNPolitics) July 10, 2019There was a lot of purple hair, a tribute to Rapinoe: Lots of purple hair on the parade route. Izzy, 10, died her hair this morning to match Megan Rapinoe, her favorite player pic.twitter.com/Qj6tmPlTOn— Danielle Allentuck (@d_allentuck) July 10, 2019Champions get parades 🇺🇸🏆🥇Watch the #USWNTParade on Yahoo Sports: https://t.co/LVaqc78t4T pic.twitter.com/5OIreftflC— Yahoo Sports (@YahooSports) July 10, 2019
Did you need any more proof Justin Verlander and Gerrit Cole were one of the best pitching duos of all time?OK. Here’s a look at how their numbers stack up to each other:StarterWinsERAKsWHIPERA+Curt Schilling233.233160.968140Randy Johnson242.323341.031195Justin Verlander202.533000.806183Gerrit Cole192.523160.887184On top of this, Verlander joined the 3,000-strikeout club Saturday as well making this a special season for both he and Cole.Now the Astros will try to do something Schilling and Johnson were unable to do in 2002 — win a second World Series. Justin Verlander becomes 18th pitcher with 3,000 strikeouts Cole and Verlander join Diamondbacks pitchers Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling, who both reached the mark in 2002, as the only pair to accomplish the feat. That year Johnson and Schilling finished No. 1 and No. 4 in the National League Cy Young voting, and Cole and Verlander could likely one-up that. With Verlander’s 12th strikeout in Houston’s matchup with the Angels on Saturday, he recorded 300 Ks for the first time in his career. But that’s not the most impressive part. Cole also struck out over 300 batters this season which gives the 2019 Astros two pitchers who have crossed that threshold.And that is exceedingly rare. This is only the second time this has ever happened in MLB history. Related News