Vulfpeck Announces 15 Dates For 2017 Tour

first_imgVulfpeck has only hit the road for a continuous amount of time once before, in support of their Sleepify efforts, in which the band used Spotify to raise funds for an admission-free tour by releasing a ten-track silent album. Their growing cyber fan base was instructed to play the album on repeat overnight, which generated $20,000 in royalties and ultimately funded Vulfpeck’s first and only real tour in 2014. Since then, the band has made clear that they are not interested in spending time on the road, but rather to play big shows in various cities.Today, the Michigan-bred quartet announced their first, real tour in 2017. They’ll be heading to Minneapolis, Chicago, Toronto, Ann Arbor, Portland, Denver, Los Angeles, Santa Ana, and San Francisco from May 1 through June 7. This is a truly historical moment, as the band who never toured will now take their most recent release A Beautiful Game on the road with them for what is sure to be an incredible run. We can’t help but hope that fellow Vulf collaborators like Cory Wong, Antwaun Stanley, and Joey Dosik will be there too.VULFPECK SHOWS:01 MAY 2017 First AveMinneapolis, MN02 MAY 2017 First AveMinneapolis, MN04 MAY 2017 MetroChicago, IL05 MAY 2017 MetroChicago, IL08 MAY 2017 Lee’s PalaceToronto, ON09 MAY 2017 Lee’s PalaceToronto, ON12 MAY 2017 Michigan TheaterAnn Arbor, MI26 MAY 2017 Crystal BallroomPortland, OR30 MAY 2017 Ogden TheatreDenver, CO31 MAY 2017 Red RocksMorrison, CO02 JUN 2017 The RegentLos Angeles, CA03 JUN 2017 The RegentLos Angeles, CA04 JUN 2017 The ObservatorySanta Ana, CA06 JUN 2017 The FillmoreSan Francisco, CA07 JUN 2017 The FillmoreSan Francisco, CAFor more information and tickets, head to the band’s website. Check out their social announcement below:last_img read more

Treñas to Duque: Resign for the sake of the country

first_imgHe also questioned the DOH’s recent move to pull out rural doctors from Western Visayas to Cebu City which is under enhanced community quarantine due to COVID-19. MANILA – Mayor Jerry Treñas urged Health secretary Francisco Duque III to step down for “not making correct decisions” since the start of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic in the Philippines. “Wala ako sa position mag-usisa kon ano gid ang sirkumstansya sang trabaho nila didto sa Manila sang Department of Health,” said Defensor. Despite the country having the “longest lockdown,” COVID-19 cases continue to spike, he pointed out. “Libagon gid ang tanan nga gina-obra nila,” Treñas said.   According to the governorr, he cannot yet give a fair assessment on the matter as he does not have a close working relation with Duque. “I think it is time for him to accept responsibility and voluntarily resign for the sake of the country,” “I do not really know if that is a correct decision and I do not want to make a decision on this because that is already beyond my sphere of responsibility,” said Treñas. “Ang buot ko silingon [sang] working relation [amo] nga indi amo na kalapit kag indi ko mabal-an eh.  I don’t have a basis to judge the work of that person,” Defensor said./PN Iloilo City’s Mayor Jerry Treñas is in favor on the resignation Health chief Francisco Duque III in the light of the country’s battle against coronavirus disease. Treñas said during the flag-raising ceremony at city hall on Monday morning. Western Visayas’ rural doctors under the DOH’s Doctors to the Barrios (DTTB) decried the order deploying them to Cebu City to help unspecified private hospitals there. Covered by the investigation are the purchase of COVID-19 test kits, delayed procurement of personal protective equipment and other medical gears for healthcare workers, alleged lapses that led to the death of medical workers and the rising number of deaths and infections involving medical frontliners. It was the DOH Undersecretary for Field Implementation and Coordination Team for Visayas and Mindanao Abdullah Dumama Jr. who ordered the deployment. In a statement, DTTB doctors expressed concern over DOH’s preparation for such deployment. They were informed about being pulled out from their current assignments in various municipalities only on Friday, June 26. For his part, Gov. Arthur Defensor Jr. said, “I will leave that to the President,” referring to calls for Duque’s resignation. Duque and other Department of Health (DOH) officials face an investigation by the Ombudsman over   alleged irregularities in the agency’s response to the COVID-19 crisis. The Ombudsman also included the inaction in the release of financial assistance to fallen and infected medical frontliners and the delayed reporting of COVID-19-related deaths and confirmed cases. These doctors are to be stationed in Cebu from June 30 to Sept. 5 in four batches of 10 doctors for each batch of deployment. Each batch’s duty period is two weeks.last_img read more

NPFL: Akande Counting His Blessings as Rivers Utd, Sunshine Clash

first_imgGoalkeeper Abiodun Akande was originally Rivers United’s third choice goalkeeper behind Rotimi Sunday and Femi Thomas, but the former junior international has steadily wormed his way into the heart of the manager, Stanley Eguma, with brilliant outings, in recent matches.Akande’s performance earned him man-of-the-match award against ABS as he frustrated efforts made by the home side to put the ball behind him to confirm his progress.“I had a good game to emerge man-of-the-match at ABS. However, I am determined to be at my best in any match I am fielded. I thank God for my progress at Rivers United,” he stated. As Eguma prepares for today’s Match-day 30 clash against Sunshine Stars, Akande could just get the nod to continue from where he stopped at ABS.“There is nothing like former team to me as I don’t want to concede against any team,” he said.Since exiting the continent, United defeated MFM at home and a point on the road at ABS to move to 13thposition on the log. The Eguma tutored side is unbeaten in three matches.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more