Bob Saget Begins Performances in Hand to God on Broadway

first_img Related Shows Show Closed This production ended its run on Jan. 3, 2016 View Comments Hand to God What the devil?! Bob Saget will start performances as Pastor Greg in Hand to God on November 3. The Full House and Broadway alum replaces original star Marc Kudisch in Robert Askins’ comedy at the Main Stem’s Booth Theatre. Saget is scheduled to remain in the company of the demonic puppet until the production closes on January 3, 2016.Saget is best known for playing Danny Tanner on Full House and as the original host of America’s Funniest Home Videos. Additional screen credits include The Aristocrats, Entourage and the upcoming Grandfathered and Fuller House. He made his Broadway debut in The Drowsy Chaperone.In Hand to God, the good children of Cypress, Texas, are taught to obey the Bible in order to evade Satan’s hand. But when students at the Christian Puppet Ministry put those teachings into practice, one devout young man’s puppet takes on a shocking personality that no one could have expected.Directed by Moritz von Stuelpnagel, the cast also includes Steven Boyer, Geneva Carr, Sarah Stiles and Michael Oberholtzer.Still no word yet on casting for when Hand to God crosses the pond next year; the play will begin performances on February 5, 2016 at the West End’s Vaudeville Theatre.last_img read more

IMF, World Bank say ready to address economic challenges of coronavirus

first_imgThe outbreak is plunging the world economy into its worst downturn since the global financial crisis more than a decade ago, the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development warned on Monday, urging governments and central banks to fight back to avoid an even steeper slump.Finance ministers from the world’s seven largest economies (G7) are expected to hold a conference call on Tuesday to discuss measures to deal with the economic impact of the coronavirus outbreak, four sources told Reuters.The IMF said it had an array of facilities and instruments in its tool kit to help countries respond to the economic impact of the coronavirus.The Rapid Credit Facility (RCF) and Rapid Financing Instrument (RFI), which can provide emergency financial assistance to member countries that can be quickly disbursed, was used in 2016 to help Ecuador after a major earthquake. The International Monetary Fund and the World Bank on Monday said they stood ready to help member countries address the human and economic challenges of the fast-spreading coronavirus outbreak, including through emergency funding.In a joint statement, the two institutions said they were focused especially on poor countries where health systems are weakest, and urged member countries to strengthen their health surveillance and response systems to contain the virus.“International cooperation is essential to deal with the health and economic impact of the COVID-19 virus,” the statement said, referring to the acronym for the virus. It said both the IMF and World Bank were fully committed to supporting these efforts. Topics :center_img The IMF can also augment existing lending programs to accommodate urgent needs related to the outbreak. For instance, it provided extra funds to Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone in 2014 to fight the Ebola outbreak.It also has grants for debt relief that can help the poorest countries address disasters and can provide support through new stand-by financing arrangements. In addition, it can help countries expand their capacity to deal with the outbreak.On Thursday, IMF spokesman Gerry Rice told reporters that the Fund had not received any requests for assistance.Somali Finance Minister Abdirahman Duale Beileh told Reuters last week in an interview that many African countries were anxiously monitoring the spread of the flu-like virus, which has infected more than 89,000 people worldwide and killed over 3,000, mostly in China.“Everybody is concerned. We are just hoping that it doesn’t come to us. If that thing comes to Africa, we’re all dead because we don’t have the facilities,” Beileh said on Friday.last_img read more

Renovated Mount Gravatt home hits the market

first_imgThere are polished wooden floorboards throughout.Several years later and before the birth of their second child, the couple added a fourth bedroom, an ensuite, a new living room and a deck.“We’ve put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into this home and created something we think is beautiful,” Mrs Lambert said.The house has living spaces across one level, with four bedrooms, two bathrooms and two separate living areas.Underneath the home is a single lockup garage, a storage area and a water tank. The lounge room opens out to the back deck.More from newsDigital inspection tool proves a property boon for REA website3 Apr 2020The Camira homestead where kids roamed free28 May 2019The couple renovated the home in blocks at a time, initially starting with making the existing home liveable and putting in a new kitchen and bathroom.The home has polished wooden floorboards throughout, and the kitchen has stone benchtops and 2 Pac soft-close cabinetry. This home at 98 Clough St, Mount Gravatt, is up for sale.This 1950s Mt Gravatt home is barely recognisable after more than a decade of renovations. The kitchen has been completely replaced.Sellers Stephen and Angie Lambert had to do a complete overhaul of the 98 Clough St home when they bought it 14 years ago.“It was a deceased estate and the roof and walls were stained from nicotine,” Mrs Lambert said.“We stripped the entire inside.” The pool has a feature glass panel in the side.In 2016, the couple finished the final round of works on the property, landscaping and building the pool.“The pool was finished the day before Christmas so we all jumped in,” Mrs Lambert said.“It’s got a glass panel in the side and the kids like to swim up and do blowfishes on it.”Mrs Lambert said the location of the home was one of the drawcards, with major shopping centres close by, and cafes just a walk away.“If you walk 50m just down to the end of the street there’s a popular cafe called Kith ’n’ Chow,” Mrs Lambert said.Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 13:43Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -13:43 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels576p576p480p480p256p256p228p228pAutoA, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenPrestige property with Elizabeth Tilley13:44last_img read more

HotSports cautions FG on sports broadcast rights, urges backing for NTA

first_imgRelatedPosts FG seeks collaboration with agric stakeholders to curb post-harvest losses Strike: Group urges FG, ASUU to embrace dialogue COVID-19: JOHESU issues seven-day warning strike notice to FG Nigeria’s leading sports marketing and broadcasting company, HS Media Group, has urged the Federal Government to strategically support the local industry in line with its recent reforms, which is aimed at competitiveness in sports broadcasting in the country. HS Media Group, which provided live broadcast for the Africa Cup of Nations held in Egypt last year, said the government should empower and position the nation’s public broadcaster, Nigerian Television Authority, to bid for sports broadcast rights of premium tournaments, including the English Premier League and Spanish LaLiga in addition to the existing partnership with the Federation of International Football Associations and the Confederation of African Football. According to HS Media Group President/CEO, Taye Ige, NTA has the competences, equipment and reach to provide viewing experience for Nigerians in every corner of the country, while other stations would benefit from the rights. He said the liberation of the Nigerian economy has worked positively for the country in several aspects, making reference to the telecommunication sector where opening up the industry has encouraged competitiveness among players and multiple choices by the consumers. Ige however urged the government to be cautious by not breaching the spirit of liberalisation through an immediate review of ongoing broadcasting right. “In the case of SuperSport for instance, the exclusive right to air the English Premier League for sub-Saharan Africa is expected to run till 2022,” he stated. “The government should allow that contract to run its full course while preparing the Nigerian broadcast sector for the next bid round. The government should remember that right issues are purely economic decisions that cannot be regulated by fiat but by market forces.” Ige advised that the government should encourage broadcast operators in Nigeria to become competitive with their foreign counterparts in line with the pronouncement by the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, to reposition the industry. In his words: “It is gladdening to hear the Minister of Information and Culture say that the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) would immediately implement measures aimed creating jobs, promoting local content, boosting the advert industry and bringing the broadcast industry up to par with the best practices from around the world. I will therefore expect the government to follow its words with action by aggressively supporting local broadcast entities in all ways.” NTA and HotSports, the leading subsidiary of HS Media Group, jointly provided live broadcast for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations. Not only was HotSports the Official Marketing Agency for NTA’s AFCON transmission, the company also produced all AFCON 2019 matches from its Lagos studios on terrestrial stations of NTA across the country. Founded in 1996, HotSports has exciting and authoritative sports broadcasting packages that offer brand owners a vehicle to the widest sports loving audience in Nigeria. It is the Official Media Partner as well as marketing consultants to the Nigeria Football Federation and has become reputable as a go-getting company committed to adding value to clients’ sponsorship investments. It has provided activations for leading brands around major continental and global sports events.Tags: FGHS Media GroupntaTaye Igelast_img read more

Masahiro Tanaka doesn’t want universal DH despite injury

first_imgThis may be surprising to fans in New York because Tanaka missed a month of the season last year after he hurt both of his hamstrings running the bases at a National League ballpark where there is no DH. Tanaka finished the season 12-6 with a 3.75 ERA with 159 strikeouts in 156 innings.Tanaka is a career .038 hitter with one hit in 26 at-bats. He has one sacrifice bunt, one run scored and one walk. Didi Gregorius injury update: Yankees SS (elbow) begins throwing program, big step in rehab MLB is considering the use of a universal DH in upcoming seasons. It has been reported that the possibility is becoming more and more likely. Related Newscenter_img This might come as a surprise to Yankees fans but Masahiro Tanaka doesn’t want the designated hitter spot to be universal.”When you look at it I grew up where baseball was played by nine guys, meaning basically the pitcher would hit also, and I really enjoyed that baseball,” Tanaka told reporters through a translator at spring training on Tuesday, via ESPN. Manny Machado rumors: Yankees remain in play; Padres have been ‘very aggressive’ with offerlast_img read more

Lonzo Ball steals the show but Lakers lose to Minnesota, 108-99, in preseason debut

first_imgPreviousLos Angeles Lakers forward V.J. Beachem slams the ball for the score against Minnesota in Anaheim on Saturday, September 30, 2017. (Photo by Paul Rodriguez, Orange County Register/SCNG)Lonzo Ball, second from left, locks arms with teammates during the National Anthem before the start of the game against Minnesota in Anaheim on Saturday, September 30, 2017. (Photo by Paul Rodriguez, Orange County Register/SCNG)Los Angeles Lakers guard Lonzo Ball, center, looks to pass the ball during Saturday’s game against Minnesota in Anaheim on September 30, 2017. (Photo by Paul Rodriguez, Orange County Register/SCNG) SoundThe gallery will resume insecondscutline goes here in Anaheim on Saturday, September 30, 2017. (Photo by Paul Rodriguez, Orange County Register/SCNG)Los Angeles Lakers center Thomas Bryant, right, gives forward Larry Nance Jr. a pat on the head after Nance kept control of the rebound in Anaheim on Saturday, September 30, 2017. (Photo by Paul Rodriguez, Orange County Register/SCNG)Los Angeles Lakers forward Larry Nance Jr., right, fights to keep the rebound from Minnesota forward Shabazz Muhammad in Anaheim on Saturday, September 30, 2017. (Photo by Paul Rodriguez, Orange County Register/SCNG)Los Angeles Lakers forward Corey Brewer, second from left, beats Minnesota guard Andrew Wiggins, left, Nemanja Bjelica, second from right, and Jamal Crawford to the ball during Saturday’s game in Anaheim on September 30, 2017. (Photo by Paul Rodriguez, Orange County Register/SCNG)Los Angeles Lakers guard Jordan Clarkson, left, puts up a shot over Minnesota’s Aaron Brooks in Anaheim on Saturday, September 30, 2017. (Photo by Paul Rodriguez, Orange County Register/SCNG)Los Angeles Lakers forward Larry Nance Jr., center, and Minnesota’s Taj Gibson, right, reach for a loose ball in Anaheim on Saturday, September 30, 2017. (Photo by Paul Rodriguez, Orange County Register/SCNG)Los Angeles Lakers forward Kyle Kuzma, left, grabs the rebound during Saturday’s game against Minnesota in Anaheim on September 30, 2017. (Photo by Paul Rodriguez, Orange County Register/SCNG)Los Angeles Lakers forward Kyle Kuzma, left, moves under the basket in front of Minnesota’s Nemanja Bjelica, right, as he tries to score in Anaheim on Saturday, September 30, 2017. (Photo by Paul Rodriguez, Orange County Register/SCNG)Los Angeles Lakers forward Julius Randle, left, drives toward the basket past Minnesota’s Nemanja Bjelica in Anaheim on Saturday, September 30, 2017. (Photo by Paul Rodriguez, Orange County Register/SCNG)Los Angeles Lakers forward V.J. Beachem slams the ball for the score against Minnesota in Anaheim on Saturday, September 30, 2017. (Photo by Paul Rodriguez, Orange County Register/SCNG)Lonzo Ball, second from left, locks arms with teammates during the National Anthem before the start of the game against Minnesota in Anaheim on Saturday, September 30, 2017. (Photo by Paul Rodriguez, Orange County Register/SCNG)NextShow Caption1 of 12Lonzo Ball, second from left, locks arms with teammates during the National Anthem before the start of the game against Minnesota in Anaheim on Saturday, September 30, 2017. (Photo by Paul Rodriguez, Orange County Register/SCNG)ExpandANAHEIM – Half an hour before tipoff, a line of fans snaked between sections 221 and 222, from the concourse level almost to the floor, where LaVar Ball posed for selfies.“I will take them all day,” Ball said.Related Articles Magic Johnson sat courtside and signed autographs, front and smiling center among a sellout crowd of 18,000 at Honda Center. Nine seats down from him the man he replaced as president of basketball operation watched from under a trademark black cap.Yes, the occasion was so momentous that it even lured Jim Buss out of exile. DAWN ANFUSO: Loyal workers often happiest The former UCLA star finished with 5 points in 22 minutes, stuffing the stat sheet with 8 assists and 7 rebounds.“Lonzo is so gifted as far as the way he always makes everybody on the floor a threat,” coach Luke Walton said. “With him we’ve been working on, he’s so unselfish that sometimes he has good shots for himself and he tries to get someone else a shot. We want him taking those.”Ball finished 2-for-9 from the field, but on the Lakers first possession, he naturally looked to pass. He and Larry Nance Jr., the Lakers best leaper, worked on alley-oops throughout training camp – “There’s been some fun ones,” Nance said – and Ball tried to open the exhibition season with a highlight play.“I probably should have threw it a little higher,” Ball said of the play that was ultimately broken up. “I know that Larry can go up and get it.By the time Ball made his first shot, a 3-pointer with 3:47 remaining in the first quarter, Honda Center erupted, releasing the excitement that had been pent up since the Lakers landed the No. 2 overall pick in the lottery way back in May.Since then, Ball has been the subject of intense scrutiny, enhanced by Ball’s showman father LaVar’s ability to stay in the spotlight. A reality series debuted on Facebook over the summer. And Ball released not one, but two generations of his signature shoe.“He seems to not let it really affect him,” coach Luke Walton said. “It’s pretty impressive for a guy his age that has the whole world talking about him all the time. Everywhere we go he’s getting swarmed like an All-Star already.”The Lakers will continue their preseason schedule on Monday, when they host host Denver at Staples Center. Walton, who has stressed the Lakers need to play a fast pace to be successful, said his players “need to get in much better shape to play the way we want to play.”“I felt like fatigue was a big factor,” he said.Ball’s fellow rookie, Kyle Kuzma, led the Lakers with 19 points in 26 minutes off the bench. Selected 27th overall, the former University of Utah star shot 9-of-12 from the field.Julius Randle scored 15 for the Lakers, Jordan Clarkson added 14 and Brandon Ingram finished with 10 points on 4-of-15 shooting.Shabazz Muhammad, a Lakers target in free agency over the summer, led Minnesota with 22 points. Taj Gibson scored 18 points and Jimmy Butler, an All-Star in Chicago, finished with 10 points in his Timberwolves debut.center_img Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREUCLA alum Kenny Clark signs four-year contract extension with PackersBack in his seat across the court from the Lakers bench, in the fourth row next to his wife Tina, LaVar Ball declared, “Welcome to the Ball Era.”The Lakers made their long-awaited season debut in a 108-99 exhibition loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves, a game that gave fans – as well as Lakers executives and owners – their first look at rookie point guard Lonzo Ball, the hero of Chino Hills, as he stepped into the spotlight of Lakers stardom.The second overall pick in June’s draft and the Most Valuable Player of the Las Vegas Summer League, Ball was the last starter introduced pregame and took the floor to a swell of cheers.“That’s what you dream about as a kid,” Ball said. “It was finally here. That was a great moment, but now at the end of the day, now I have a job to do now I’ve got to come in here and keep doing it.”last_img read more