Whispers in Watford warm faint Herts

first_imgTo access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletterslast_img

Preliminary report finds doctor, nurse accountable – Dr Norton

first_imgImproper disposal of foetusPublic Health Minister, Dr George Norton on Monday stated that the preliminary report into the improper disposal of a 22-week foetus at the Diamond Diagnostic Centre (the East Bank Regional Hospital) revealed that the doctor and nurse were culpable.Dr Norton stated that the official report would be released soon, but investigators have found the doctor who had delivered the baby and the nurse who was supposed to clean up afterward were accountable. However, he indicated that both of the staffers denied any involvement.The Standard Operating Procedure in such a situation would be to transport the foetus to the Georgetown Public Hospital to be disposed of – since the hospital has the recommended facilities to dispose of bio-hazardous waste.The Minister stated that once he received the official report this week, action would be taken. Dr Norton, however, did not state the type of disciplinary action that would be taken.Guyana Times had reported last week that a 26-year-old woman, who delivered the 22-week-old foetus, wanted nothing to do with the child’s remains and left its disposal to the hospital. However, the foetus was poorly disposed of by medical personnel and this went unnoticed until a stray dog dragged the body out of a dump heap and into the compound of the public hospital, dismembering it.last_img read more

Kings shut out Bruins

first_img“We thought the bottom was hit two nights ago and tonight we found a way to go lower,” said Boston goalie Andrew Raycroft after a 6-0 loss to the Kings on Thursday night. “We’ve seen China.” It was the Bruins worst loss since a 6-0 defeat to Toronto on Dec. 4, 2003. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREGift Box shows no rust in San Antonio Stakes win at Santa AnitaAlexander Frolov scored the second hat trick of his career and Mathieu Garon stopped 30 shots to help the Kings win. Frolov’s goals all came in the third period, the first on a wrist shot 44 seconds into period. The next came on a penalty shot and the third with 10:55 left on the clock from a shot in the slot. “I really worked hard the first two periods, but I couldn’t score,” he said. “I knew the only way to do that was to keep working and I finally got my chances in the third period.” Garon bounced back from a 6-2 loss to the Mighty Ducks on Monday with the sixth shutout of his career and the second this season. He is 20-10-0 this season and 6-2-0 in his last eight starts. Los Angeles is 2-6-3 in its last 11 visits to Boston. The Kings last win came March 30, 1999, 2-1 in overtime. BOSTON – The Boston Bruins thought they had played as bad as they possible could. They were wrong. The Bruins have been outscored 12-2 in their past two games by the San Jose Sharks and the Kings. center_img “We played solid tonight,” Kings coach Andy Murray said. “We knew the Bruins would be aggressive tonight after their game against San Jose but we just kept battling.” The Kings are 1-2 in their current four game road trip. Andrew Raycroft took the loss. He was replaced for the second straight game by Tim Thomas in the third period. Joe Corvo scored his ninth goal of the season at 18:55 of the first period on a shot from the point to give the Kings a 1-0 lead. Michael Cammalleri scored in the second period on a power play for a 2-0 lead. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!last_img read more