You can find more resources for child care and families here. 12 News reached out to the Office of Child and Family Services about how it is working with centers throughout the state. It sent this statement to 12 News: “New York State recognizes the vitally important role of child care providers in reopening the state economy, and has been working with local Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies and school districts to pair essential workers with continuing child care. Governor Cuomo recently directed $30 million in federal CARES funding to support child care for qualifying families of essential workers, so they can continue to work without worrying about paying for child care, and the purchasing of masks, gloves, diapers, baby wipes, baby formula and food. Funding will also support the recovery and reopening of child care programs impacted by COVID-19.” “We’re still going to have the same issue then that we had pre-pandemic with not enough child care slots to meet working families in our area and the financial struggling of child care programs,” said Perney. After the Future Faces day care center and the Boys and Girls Club of Western Broome closed down within months of each other, they added to a list of centers closing across the Southern Tier for the past decade. Perney says this could make it harder for families to get slots, since finances will make it more difficult for centers to keep prices at a reasonable cost. Director of Child Resource and Referral at Family Enrichment Network, Jennifer Perney, says recent numbers show that 37 percent of centers in Broome County closed along with 31 percent in Chenango County. Perney says once things begin to resume to normal, she plans on continuing her work with Broome County Executive Jason Garnar on an initiative to help fund for child care in the area. (WBNG) — Before the pandemic hit, the Southern Tier was already seeing a child care crisis and now, officials worry about more problems when the economy reopens.
Gay marriage: Despite Supreme Court decision, Americans still split on same-sex marriageThe Independent 21 July 2015The US Supreme Court legalized gay marriage last month, paving the way for same-sex couples to marry all over the country.But a recent poll shows that the American public is split on the issue, with slightly more people disagreeing with the Supreme Court’s decision than agreeing with the high court, according to the Associated Press.The poll shows that 39 per cent of Americans supported the legalization of same-sex marriage, while 42 per cent were in opposition. Eighteen per cent neither approved nor disapproved.When asked about gay marriage in their own states, people responded slightly more favorably, with 42 per cent in favor and 40 per cent opposed.Support for same-sex marriage actually appears to have fallen since an April poll, when 48 per cent of people said they were in favor of gay marriage. The change could be influenced by people who changed their response from neutral to opposed following the Supreme Court decision.The survey found a drastic difference in opinion between Democrats and Republicans. Democrats overwhelmingly supported gay marriage, with 65 per cent in favor. Just 22 per cent of Republicans said they favor same-sex marriage.The AP-GfK Poll questions 1,004 adults between July 9 to July 13, using a sample drawn from GfK’s probability-based KnowledgePanel, which is designed.http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/gay-marriage-despite-supreme-court-decision-americans-still-split-on-samesex-marriage-10405127.html
The Alimodian patient, on the other hand, was a crew of a fishing vessel from Navotas City, Metro Manila that recently docked in Iloilo City. This 34-year-old male (Patient No. 103) is currently in isolation at Iloilo City’s quarantine facility. He had not yet set foot in his hometown after docking, according to Mayor Geefre Alonsabe. Four other Lambunao COVID-19 cases recovered much earlier. They were the following: Data from the Department of Health (DOH) Region 6 showed that on May 14 the two remaining COVID-19 patients in Lambunao have recovered. These were the following: * 41-year-old male (Patient No. 28) * 33-year-old female or Western Visayas’ Patient No. 58 * 70-year-old female (Patient No. 29) Their fishing vessel docked at the Iloilo Fishing Port on May 11 to delivery fish./PN Patient No. 103 had close contact with Patient No. 102, a 38-year-old male colleague at their fishing vessel and a resident of Hinigaran, Negros Occidental. * 39-year-old female (Patient No. 27) As this was being written, only two towns in Iloilo province were left with COVID-9 cases – Banate and Alimodian. ILOILO – There were no more persons positive for coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the municipalities of Lambunao and Zarraga. In Banate, the patient was a 23-year-old-male (Patient No. 100) who had close contact with Zarraga’s case. He was a non-uniformed personnel of the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology. Asymptomatic, he is currently under quarantine. * 44-year-old female (Patient No. 25) Patient No. 102 is currently confined at a hospital in Iloilo City. He was feverish, one of the symptoms of COVID-19. * 48-year-old female (Patient No. 30) Lambunao had a total of seven COVID-19 cases. Its first confirmed case died – a 70-year-old male (Patient No. 16). The lone case in Zarraga also recovered – a 31-year-old male or Patient No. 59 (a jail officer of the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology Region 6).
Clint Dempsey admits Tottenham’s season should be judged as a failure if they do not bounce back from their Europa League exit by finishing in the Barclays Premier League’s top four. Dempsey scored twice on Thursday night in a 2-2 draw in Basel, but it was not enough to send Spurs through to the semi-finals of Europe’s second-tier competition as Andre Villas-Boas’ men suffered a dramatic 4-1 defeat on penalties after missed spot-kicks from Tom Huddlestone and Emmanuel Adebayor. Tottenham will drop to fifth if Arsenal win their game in hand against Norwich on Saturday and Dempsey said: “We have to make sure we finish in fourth place and make sure we’re in the Champions League next year. That’s the only thing we can do to salvage this season and say we had a good year. That’s been the goal for the season.” Press Association As Villas-Boas acknowledged in February, failure to qualify for the Champions League could have serious consequences for Spurs. Tottenham’s new year financial results showed a 12 per cent drop in revenue, but the biggest problem caused by another year of failure could be the potential loss of star man Gareth Bale. A 10-day break until their next game against Manchester City – when Villas-Boas expects Bale, Aaron Lennon and Jermain Defoe to be fit again – will work in Tottenham’s favour, but Dempsey has warned his team-mates they still must work extremely hard to make the top four. “The break will help, because the more players you have fit, the more competition there is for spots,” he added. “You need that push towards the end because it’s going to be difficult. “We’ve got some difficult games. We’ve got Chelsea, we’ve got Man City, so we’re going to need everyone fit and fighting to try to push for that Champions League. “It’s not going to be given to you. You have to fight until the end and we’re still in with a shout to make that happen. “I think it’s going to come down to the last game.”